Wednesday, February 23, 2022

 Hello Parents, I hope everyone enjoyed their extra long weekend! We will celebrate 2-22-22 on Thursday! The kids can wear their ties, tutus, and tie-dye on that day! 


 Important Dates:

Feb. 25- Spirit Day

Mar. 2- Ash Wednesday/ Lent begins

Mar. 4- Spirit Day

Mar. 5- Auction and Dinner

Mar. 11-18 Spring Break

Mar. 21- Classes Resume


Conferences- Please check out the link and make sure you have signed up for a conference time!  I sent the link to you in an email and on my classroom Facebook page. 


Reading- This week they are reading a story called The Dog Newspaper. This is a true story by the author Peg Kehret. She has written some great books for kids that I read a long time ago! This is her story about how she got into writing. EJ was the dog her uncle returned to the states with after WWII. Her first story was writing about EJ! In grammar this week they are moving on to prepositions and prepositional phrases. I give them a little chart with quite a few of the most common prepositions. They will also be allowed to use it on the test. 

Due to our "snow day', I am changing the plans so that we cover this story in 4 days instead of 3. That means I will give them their post test on Monday, Feb. 28,  in spelling as well the test over this story. Then next week I will do that story in 4 days as well. That works out better because the next week will be conference week and they are going to be at honor choir all day on Tuesday. 

Math- We are still going at it with division! Slow and steady! I am going to try and be done with this chapter before we leave for spring break! That is my goal. We will see how it goes! 

Lent- Has your child made any decision on what they are doing for Lent this year? They will need to know by next Tuesday. We will fill out our promises in religion class.

We will also celebrate Fat Tuesday on Tuesday! The 4th graders will be making donuts. 


Spirit Day is Friday! Sweats for $1

The auction is March 5!!!


I hope everyone has a great weekend! I sure would like those temps we had last weekend!

God Bless, 

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment