Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hello Parents, How are you doing this week? I hope everyone is well. The weather is a tad cooler this week. Looking ahead...we really only have 2 weeks left.

Religion- The Google slides last week were really good. I am excited to see what they do in reading!
This week is their lesson on Maria Goretti.

Math- We moved on to being able to compare fractions this week. We are also going to work on comparing mixed numbers.  Once we have that we will move on to adding and subtracting fractions.

Reading - I have seen everyone's notes now! They should be working on their slides now. I posted instructions and emailed them to them. Don't forget to take a picture of your child in their costume and send to me by May 15. You can just have them stand there in it or give it some life... Dolly Parton could be singing in a mic, Michael Jordan might be shooting hoops, Amelia could be flying...maybe not the crashing :) , Bill Gates could be working at his computer, Anne might be writing in her journal , Thomas Jefferson might be taking his oath of office or signing the Declaration! Tim might be scoring a goal! Josie could be riding her horse! Tara...studying or writing her book. Lafayette might be heading into battle! Jackie Kennedy might be writing or waving to people in a parade... again..not the shooting. Babe Ruth might be at batting practice or working on a farm. Stan Lee could be drawing a new comic.
Either email or text me the picture. Thanks! 

Slides are due on May 18. They will need to be in costume during our Google meet on May 18.


On their daily work I am being really picky on writing in complete sentences. Some could put more effort into their answers, especially when it asks them how they know. They really should be giving me as many details as possible. This is not all 5th graders...just some of them.  They usually have to correct if they get docked too many points.

Science- this will be due on Monday. Some are having a hard time completing the assignment. They do part of it but not all. Mrs. Burg is sending them back to finish.

Social Studies - the new assignment comes out tomorrow (Thursday). It will be due next Wednesday. I know she was waiting for some things to be turned in today (they were due at 3:00 today)


Mother's Day- I hope all of you Moms get spoiled by your kids this weekend! I know you deserve it. Hopefully you are able to celebrate in some way. My mom was my best friend...know that your kids love you more than anything!  I plan on keeping my normal plans for the day- I am going to drive home on Sunday. I create a flower box that stays with my parents in the cemetery from spring until late fall. Each year, I have a theme or reason for the flowers. This year, I asked my nieces and nephews their favorite colors. I bought silk flowers in those colors and added Mom and Dad's favorites as well. I always put them out on Mother's Day weekend. I will do that on Sunday and drive back to Creston. Yes, it will be a lot of car time, but totally worth it for me. No place I'd rather be. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment