Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Hello Parents, First, thank you so much for that awesome poster you created with your kids! I absolutely love it! It made my day!!! ❤❤❤


Reading- Book Report Slides are due on Monday morning by 9 am. We also will be meeting that day . They need to come dressed in their costume and be ready to share 5 facts about their person. I am loving the pictures you guys are sending me! They are so cute! Cute might not be the right word...but I love them. My niece is making a video of them. I chose a song to be used. You CANNOT share the video publicly. I don't have copyright permission. This is just for you to enjoy. I won't be posting it on our Facebook page. I will email you the video once I have it.  Again, please don't post it anywhere. 

Photos are due this Friday. Thanks again! 


Math- Well, I have discovered that teaching fractions this way is not my cup of tea. Some of your kids are struggling. Part of the problem is that they aren't watching the videos and just do the work, they watch it one time and think they understand, or they are just googling the answers and not learning the process. I am thankful they at least admit these things to me. 
The biggest is watching the video one time and thinking they understand. They need to watch a few times and practice because they are having to redo a lot of assignments OR we are sitting on the phone together to get it done correctly. I don't mind the phone calls, I really don't, but I think if they would watch videos more than once, things might be a little better. If we were at school, I'd stamp their work with a stamp that says, "Did with teacher". I will probably mark that on their assignments online from now on. I know we don't have a lot of time left but they will have a lot more paper work they have to do in order to get their answers because I am going to continue moving on. It will require more work from them. 
(Adding fractions with unlike denominators) That work will have to be shown to me.  If they are really struggling, please have them call me and we will walk through it together.

Religion- This week they read the story of Saul and how he became blind, but could then see and changed his name to Paul. We will also be talking about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit as well as the Fruits of the Holy Spirit. Next Wednesday will be the final religion assignment. 

May 22, 2020- This is the last day we will give assignments. 

May 28, 2020- This will be the day you can come pick up your child's belongings as  well as turn in any library books or chromes you've been using during this time. Mrs. Simmons will put out a plan for that day and how we will do the pick up. It might look a little like that day in March. 

Moms- I hope you all had a great Mother's Day! My trip back home was great...even if it was 8 hours in a car. 

I hope you have a great weekend! 
God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment