Thursday, January 24, 2019

Hello Parents, It's me, Miss Surma! You may have forgotten me since we have been having snow days!!! I really really want to see my kids tomorrow. Saying some strong prayers. 😄 🙏🙏🙏

Since you aren't here... I wanted to make sure you knew our plans for next week for Catholic Schools Week! 

Sunday, Jan. 27- Mass at Holy Spirit 9am. All are welcome to join us! The kids that signed up will get their job assignment on Friday in Take Home Folder.  Breakfast pizza to follow mass provided by PTO. 

Monday, Jan. 28- 11:30-1pm Lunch with Advent Angels and movie in different wings.  Students need to bring a sack lunch from home! Milk will be provided. 
Dress up in Blue and Gold Day!

Tuesday, Jan. 29- Student Appreciation Day
2:00-2:45 Students vs. Teachers Day
Dress up  as Twins or Famous Duos ( I told the 5th graders that we have an odd number so if they want more in their group than just two, I am okay with that! ) They can research famous duos or just dress alike.  

Wednesday, Jan.30- Dress up in Class Theme Day! We will vote when we are back together and I will let you know. I told them to think about it on Monday with plans to vote on Tuesday. Guess not. That afternoon they will get together with their Advent Angels and make Valentines for soldiers who are serving overseas.  ( I am gone this day. I have class. Mrs. Taylor will be my substitute) 

Thursday, Jan. 31- Sack Lunch (provided by the school, but kids can still bring their own from home  as usual)  1:00 Movie in the gym- Students may bring pillows and blankets that day. 
Dress up in your Pajamas-- they can wear their robes and slippers too. 
FYI- If the weather is nice, they will still go out for recess and we do have PE that day. They need their tennis shoes. Snow pants and boots.

Friday, Feb. 1- Mass Day. We are having mass at Holy Spirit Church. Mass begins at 1:30. Students will get there by bus and meet up with their grandparents or special guests. Please let me know if your child won't have anyone that day! I will be their special guest! They may have a part in the mass. That will be in their take home folders. We have coffee and cookies after mass in the basement. Your child can leave after mass or the snacks, but just let me know you are leaving or if special arrangements are being made for pick up.


Okay--as far as school goes... I am just moving everything since we have missed so many days. We still have tests to make up.

Book Report- This is due on February 8. I know some of them have started on their projects here at school. They have about 2 weeks. 

I hope to see your kids tomorrow! Have a good weekend! Stay safe and please stay warm. Hope to see many of you at mass on Sunday at church. 

God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment