Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Hello Parents, I am so sorry that last week I totally spaced off writing a blog. It was a crazy week! I hope you had a great weekend. I left Thursday afternoon and drove to Davenport where I met up with my sister Penny. We then took off for Butler, PA. We spent the night in Portage, Indiana and then took off again on Friday to finish the drive. We arrived in Butler around 5:15 their time. We went to watch our niece AnnMarie perform in the Youngstown Playhouse production of Hairspray. It was AMAZING! I thought my niece did an amazing job as "Penny" the best friend to the lead Tracy. My niece cried when she saw us after the show...that made the long drive totally worth it! We are heading back there in about 4 weeks to spend a week out there. 

The Baker's Neighbor play is this Friday. We have two shows. Half of the class will do their play at 10:45 and the other group will be at 2:15. The afternoon show may end up in Mrs. Mitchell's room. We have a lot of different activities going on at STM on Friday and the forecast isn't helping. When you arrive for the afternoon play, I will have 5th graders greeting you at the door. They will tell you where to go for sure. They have done a great job of memorizing their lines! It is really coming together!  

Costumes: 
Manuel-- dress clothes you wear to mass

Pablo-- the same thing, but you can add a cap if you want.  Just need to look like an older guy in the village

Carlos and Sisters-- they are kids. They can wear what they wear to school unless they want to do something special

Villagers and Women-- They are too look like older people in the village. If they want to wear dress clothes, be a farmer, wear caps, carry a cane, dress like an old lady or man...all good! 

Judge- Mass clothes- I will supply the black robe

Math-- They are still finishing up the math test over dividing decimals. When we are all done with that, I do plan on starting a new chapter even though I know we won't finish it. I would like to get to some fraction stuff before they go. They have done a lot of that on ST Math, so they will probably catch on quickly.

Religion- We are doing guidance, but this week we have been using that time to practice for the play.

Book Reports- They are due on Wednesday, May 24. They will need to bring it to school along with their costume. They will start to share their reports on that day, but I know we won't be able to get through them all. We will use Thursday and Friday to get them all done. 

Last Days of School- 

Tuesday, May 30-- They can bring a sack lunch that day to school. Milk will be provided. We will have Field Day that afternoon from 1-3. You are welcome to join us for that. I will plan on them cleaning out their desks that morning. They should come with their book bag to take belongings home that day. 

Creston Public School has now stated that we will have a 3 hour early out on May 31. There won't be lunch that day. We will be having mass that morning. They don't have to wear mass attire for this day. 

I hope you have a great weekend! I plan on going to Waterloo. My niece Gracelyn is graduating from Columbus High School. 
God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment