Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Hello Parents, 
Happy Thursday!  I cannot believe I am writing my last blog to you! Where did our year go??

There isn't much to tell you this week...

Tuesday, May 30 - That morning we will be finishing some things up in our classes and cleaning out desks. They will need their book bag to take home their stuff. They will need to bring a sack lunch that day. Milk will be provided. They should wear tennis shoes for Field Day. 

Wednesday, May 31- We will have mass that morning. After mass we will have a closing of the year instead of later that morning. The remainder of the day we will be in our rooms. Dismissal time is at noon. There will not be lunch for the kids. 

Report Cards will be done and online for you next week. 

Finally, let me say I have enjoyed this class immensely! I know there were 25, but it never felt like that to me. I couldn't imagine this class without one of them! They are all so special and so unique. I was lucky to be their teacher! I thank you for that! I thank you for choosing our school, our family. It was my pleasure to be their 5th grade teacher. I know they are ready to move on to middle school and all that it brings, but it is never easy to say goodbye to my kids. They will always be mine. I hope that all of you have a wonderful summer! Don't forget to have them pick up a book, newspaper, magazine once in awhile. Throw them a math problem to keep them on their toes. Tell them it's homework from Miss Surma! 😊 Enjoy sleeping in, softball and baseball games, camping, fishing, or just taking a vacation! For some of you, I know I am saying goodbye to you because now I have taught your youngest! That makes me a little sad as well! 

I will be here for most of June, but I will spend the majority of my summer back home in Doon. It will be my final summer in my childhood home. I want to be there as much as I can before we sell it this fall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment