Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hello Parents, Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a great week! I can't believe it is Thursday already and March! Time is flying by!

Reading-- They are finishing up their unit 4 test today. Since we have Iowa Assessments next week, I don't plan on starting a new unit. We will do other things. They won't have any spelling next week either. We will do a story the following week before we leave for spring break. I probably won't be able to get you scores until next week. 

Math- They finished up the test yesterday. Today they will be getting it signed and corrected, if needed. I plan on starting BizTown on Friday. We will probably do a lot of that next week as well. 

Religion- This week we are discussing the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation and the difference between venial sins and mortal sins. They have a good understanding of those two things. I have them working in small groups to create an acrostic poem using a word that has something to do with reconciliation. 

Iowa Assessments- Starting on Monday they will be taking these tests. I will talk to them on Friday, but it doesn't hurt to say it twice. I will remind them that it is important they get a good night of sleep every night. They should eat a good breakfast so that their stomach rumbling won't be an added distraction. They will be provided a snack on their test days from the PTO. The biggest point I will stress to them is that they just work to do their very best with each test. We will take breaks to allow them to stretch and relax, but they just need to keep trying and do their best. Bottom line. 

Conferences- Please make sure you check out the email I sent you last Wednesday and get signed up for your conference time. I added days to it to get all of you in. 

Auction- The auction is this Saturday. Hope to see many of you there. This is the school's biggest fundraiser. It's a great dinner and a fun night! 

Lenten Angels- Next week the kids will be getting together with their Angels to do activities dealing with Lent. Please look for a flyer in your child's folder about raising money for the Nigerian Seminary. The Civics Club is running this one. I think the kids will really like to participate in this one. 

Have a great weekend! 
God Bless, 
Miss Surma


No comments:

Post a Comment