Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a great week! Below is a reminder for next week! I always look forward to this week!

Catholic Schools Week Plans- We will have our dress up days. IF your child doesn't want to participate, they don't have to, but they will have to follow the normal dress code.

Sunday- Mass at church 9AM,
Monday- HAT DAY!!! Students should also bring a sack lunch. NO DRINKS! Milk will be provided.

Tuesday-COME AS YOU ARE DAY! They can wear their PJs or sweats, a robe, and slippers! I would suggest that if it is cold, they will want their snow pants for recess that day!

Wednesday- CLASS THEME DAY! The 5th graders voted today to do opposite day. Boys will dress as girls and the girls will dress as boys. If your child isn't comfortable doing it, they don't have to participate. I told them to be creative and gutsy! Go all out! I have had 5th graders do this before! It was so fun to see them!

Thursday- Talent Show at 9:30 AM in gym. Students are signing up now to try out! BLUE and GOLD DAY!!!!

Friday- DRESS UP DAY!!! Grandparents/ Special Guest Mass at 1:30 at Holy Spirit Church. Cookies and punch will be served in the basement following mass. If you or the guest are taking the child home that day, please let me know either before that day or find me in the basement and let me know.

Reading- In your child's folder are their scores from last week's unit test. This was a Benchmark test. I think those are a little more challenging. I did go back through the test myself when I saw questions being missed. I found that if they looked back, most times the answer was within the story. I talked to them about some of the questions and said they are giving you hints in the question. Now, I realize some of the questions are inferencing, so they have to be able to put their previous knowledge about the topic or key words with the information in the story to come up with the answer. That can be difficult. This test also had more stories and questions for them to read. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

They have all chosen their book report books as well. I think they are enjoying the books they have chosen.

Math- They are finishing up their chapter this week! They will be taking a test early next week, but I haven't finalized a day because of CSW schedule. Their next chapter will be on dividing decimals. They are doing really well with multiplying them. The biggest hurdle is where to put the decimal when you are multiplying a decimal and whole number or when you multiply two decimals.

Religion- We are finishing up our chapter on Baptism and Confirmation. They will have a test over this on Monday.

SOS- This semester I have Jessica Drey as my SOS student! We are excited to have her around! Last semester we had Andy Gordon! We're just keeping it in the family!! It's great to see my past students again!

Don't forget their is a kick off mass on Sunday at church! Even if you child isn't participating in mass, please join us! I believe the PTO is providing breakfast in the basement afterwards!

Have a great weekend! God Bless, Miss Surma




No comments:

Post a Comment