Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dear Parents, I hope you are having a great week! Wow! The days seem so busy and so few are left! I am posting this tonight since we have the field trip tomorrow. 

Language Arts- This week they will be testing over their last story. Next week they will have their Unit 6 test as well.  The play is on for next Friday. This is a play from our old series that I have done for many years. I am going to see how it goes trying to squeeze that in as well as a unit test. I have to do 2 plays due to our large class. Your children will let you know when they perform. They will do tryouts on Friday afternoon with me and Mrs. Mitchell. I make no promises on who gets what role. 

They will be needing costumes for their roles. I will explain to them what to wear. This is stuff they can find in their own closet or maybe in yours! I don't want anyone going out to buy them. I will be needing some fake/toy food--anything that looks like cupcakes, pies, cookies, breads,etc. We will be creating our bakery from that. I will also need a gavel or plastic toy hammer for the judge. I will talk to the kids about it too. 

Math-- They did a good  job on their tests. We are working on adding and subtracting fractions now. We won't finish this chapter, but we will work every day. 

Religion-- They will take their final religion test on Friday of this week. Next week, I will be using that time for play practice. 

Drivers--Thank you for helping out on Thursday! I hope you enjoy  the day! I hope we stay dry! 

Mass- The 1st and 5th graders did an outstanding job at mass today! I was so proud of them! Mrs. Levine loved the extra help from them! 

Lap-a-Thon- Congrats to Colby and Morgan for getting 1st and 2nd place for the most laps. Congrats to Matt for raising the most money in the 5th grade


Next week will be my final letter of the year. I cannot believe our time together is nearly over. Have a great weekend!!! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment