Thursday, May 8, 2014

Dear Parents,
I hope you are all having a great week! I forgot how busy the month of May gets to be! WOW!

On Wednesday, I sent home the permission slip needed before our trip on next Thursday. There was also attached the policy about cell phones on the trip. I hope you took time to read through it. I need the forms filled out and returned by Monday. Thanks!

Next week Tuesday will be the band concert for the 5th graders. It is at STM.

Language Arts-- Book Reports Due Friday! They can bring in their report/poster/timeline in the classroom in the morning along with their costumes! I can't wait to see what they have learned! Next week will be our last story in this unit. That means the final full week of school will be the Unit 6 test. 

Math-- They will test over this chapter on Friday. Next week we will begin working on adding and subtracting fractions. 

Middle School Day- I think they had a great time with the 7th graders on Wednesday and getting a preview of what middle school will be like next year. I enjoy the day too, but it is  a little bittersweet because it means I have to let them go. That's just never my favorite part of watching them grow. 

Mass- Their final mass is next Wednesday with the 1st graders. Due to such large classes, not everyone will get a job. The 5th graders that don't have a part in the mass will have the responsibility of sitting with a first grader during the mass. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Confirmation is this weekend at Holy Spirit. I am looking forward to that since I was asked to be a sponsor of one of the students. 
God Bless, Miss Surma


No comments:

Post a Comment