Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dear Parents, Wow! The last blog of the year! That time flew! 

Play-- Tomorrow is the big day! The kids that need a costume, should just pack it to bring to school. They will change in time for the play. I have given them suggestions on what to wear.  Please don't go out and buy something!!!!  Baker-- dress as though it were mass day. I will supply the apron and cap. Pablo-- Dress for mass maybe add a hat or cap if you like.  Villagers- Older people in the community. They can wear mass clothes or dress up as elderly people, carry a cane or purse, wear a hat.  The kids: dress as you would for school--look like a kid! Judges-- I will supply your black robe. 

The morning play is at 10:30. The afternoon is at 2:15. I am sorry to do it that way, but I didn't want to interrupt their social studies and science classes.  I hope to see many of you there! The play is only about 10 minutes...so it doesn't take long. After the 2:15 show, the kids will come back to the room and enjoy the pink cake that is part of our play. 

Math--They will take an End-of-the Year test today. I decided to save Friday morning for the final practices of the play. 


Tuesday, May 27 is a full day. The field day activities will be in the afternoon. Those should begin around 12:45.  5th graders should wear tennis shoes, no sandals. There will be a closing  and final prayer in the gym around 2:30. You are more than welcome to come to that. The kids will come back to the room to get their bags. It's okay if you take them after that, if you are planning on being here.  They will need a sack lunch and drink on that day.  In the morning, they will clean out their desks. There just isn't time on Friday with the play. They need to have a book bag with them on Tuesday for that purpose. 

Just closing out my blog with a thank you! Thank you for the support this year. It was a tough year for sure with losing T.J. I am grateful that I could grieve with your children throughout the year.  Beyond that, I had a great time getting to teach your children. They will always hold a special place in my heart, long after they leave STM. They are 21 awesome individuals! I know they will do well in middle school and do amazing things in high school. I can't wait to see what they accomplish! Thank you for entrusting them to my care for the last year. That means more than I can say. They are my family, and I do not look forward to saying good-bye on Tuesday.

 I hope everyone has a safe and fun summer! I will be leaving at the end of the month to head to Doon to be with my mom. We are also going to Butler, PA for my nephew's graduation from high school. 
God Bless you and your family, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment