Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hi Parents! Wow! What a busy week, but I love it! I love this week!!! The kids were looking great!!!!

Math- We have a test on Friday over the chapter. We will most likely use Monday for corrections, but then we will jump into our next chapter. More division!!! Woo hoo! It will be dividing by double digits. I will expect a slow down here. This is much harder to grasp due to multiplying by two digits in a different way.

Language Arts- We are going to finish up this story on Friday. This week's story was about a boy who went to his city council to see if the city would agree to take a deteriorating basketball court and turn it into a garden for the homeless in his town. There was another girl who wanted it turned into a parking lot for the teachers. We had an interesting discussion ourselves on what should be done with it. Their spelling the last few weeks has focused on suffixes. Next week will be a real treat! I told the kids they are going to be very different words that I have never used on a spelling test. Some will be challenging, but all are kind of fun! That's the only hint I am giving!

Religion- We are discussing Nicodemus and his search for eternal life.Jesus tells him about being baptized and how you will receive the Holy Spirit. We talked about the importance of water in Church, in the Bible stories we read, and in our daily lives. They are now doing an activity revolved around showing that water in different forms.

Last week after we watched the Bully movie, I told them we were going to create a wall in our room as a reminder. It would remind us each day on how we want to BE. They came up with great words!!! For example BE yourself, BE awesome, BE unique, BE grateful  It is now up in our room. It is very cool!!!

Just a reminder to make sure you make arrangements with your kids about how they are getting home on Friday after mass at church. I will ask them on Friday morning if they have a special guest coming to sit with them.

The flu season is here! My room has been hit with the sick kids. Please remember that your kids should not return to school until they have been fever free for 24 hours--without medication. Thank you!!!
I will send Take Home Folders on Friday due to our being gone today! 

Have a great weekend! I am heading back to Doon with my mom. It has been great having her here for the past 2 weeks! I think she enjoyed her time away as well! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment