Wednesday, January 17, 2024

 Hello Parents! I hope everyone did okay during our snowy weekend! I am ready to put my shovel away, but sadly it is only January! We still have a lot of winter to go! 


Calendar Dates:

Jan.19- Spirit Day

Jan. 26- Book Reports Due

Jan. 28-Feb. 2- Catholic Schools Week

Feb. 7- Lenten Activity Night 6-7pm @STM

Feb.9- Celebrating Valentine's Day

Feb. 14- Ash Wednesday- 5th grade mass

Reading- We  will finished up our current story tomorrow with the weekly test. It helps if you assign the right test! We discovered that one today! UGH!  I will also be using some of my reading time for FAST testing. On Friday, I have 3 kids who will be sharing their book reports because they are gone next week. We will most likely start work on the next story- maybe take a spelling pretest! The FAST testing will continue into next week. 

Book Reports are due next Friday! I see some kids who are still reading their book! They are going to have to do some at night at home so they aren't rushing to get the project done. 

Math- we are working more on estimating decimals and then multiplying them. By Friday I will having them actually multiply a whole number times a decimal. They have been using calculators. Those will go bye-bye! I didn't do any Timed Tests this week. We need to get some work done!! We also have some math FAST tests to do. 

Religion- We are getting back to that on Thursday! On Wednesday, the 5th graders helped the kindergartners with their mass! They did great! So cute to watch them help them! I just want to hug them all! 

On Friday at 2:20 pm we will be saying a Rosary for Perry as a school. We will be in the gym. Some of the 5th graders will be leading this service. You are welcome to come and join us if you are free. 

Spirit Day on Friday!! $1 for sweats! 

Due to the snow days, we will most likely send home parts for the Sunday mass for CSW next week. Sorry, that isn't a lot of notice. We are still getting volunteer sheets turned in! 

Have a GREAT weekend! I will be here and going to the local bookstore because she has an author coming in to sign books! 

God Bless,

Miss Surma


No comments:

Post a Comment