Wednesday, December 20, 2023

 Hello Parents,

Happy Wednesday! So much energy this week with fun clothing and the realization that Christmas break is around the corner! 


Calendar Dates:

Dec. 22- Bring a Sack Lunch

Dec. 23- Jan. 2- Christmas Break

January 3- Classes Resume/ Mass Day


Reading- We finished our story about the Wild West this week. We enjoyed the biscuits from Mrs. Clark in the kitchen! The struggle was real for moving west back then. I don't know that I could have handled all the hardships. Those people were so strong! They will test over this Wild West story on Thursday. On Friday morning we will do the weekly assessment, but we are doing it on paper this time. They are going to work with me to figure out how to look up hints or answers in the story. I am hoping they will learn that there is no rush. They have plenty of time. They will also have a spelling test on Friday. 


Math- We finished our chapter! They took a test on Wednesday! When we get back from break I am going to start the multiplication of decimals chapter. Most likely I will be jumping around in that chapter a little bit because I want us to get to division and fractions! 


Religion- this week we have been covering Advent. On Monday, we discussed the people we remember on the Jesse Tree. I did show them two short little videos on Ruth and Queen Esther because we don't know them as well. On Tuesday, we discussed our own family trees. They may have questions about their ethnicity. We also talked about traits that we pick up from our parents: height, hair color, etc. When we return we will do a short chapter on Christmas. 

Mass- Starting in January the first graders and kindergarten kids will start to do mass. The 5th graders will be helping the kindergartners with their masses. Some of the 5th graders will have reading parts, some may only hold the microphone. Not all 5th graders will have a job. We do have mass that first day back in January! Dress up! Maybe we will have some snow by then! 

Thank you so much for the nice Christmas presents!!! They are so great! The snacks I am probably going to share with my family! I am heading to Waterloo to spend it with my brother and sister and their families.  I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! 🎄✝❤

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment