Wednesday, October 5, 2022

 Hello Parents, Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well. I loved seeing my niece last weekend get ready for homecoming. I also got to spend the day watching her and her  volleyball team play in a tournament! 


Calendar Dates:

Oct. 7- Spirit Day

Oct. 14- No School/ PD Day

Oct. 21- Spirit Day

Oct. 28- Spirit Day

Oct. 31- Halloween

Nov.3 Parent Teacher Conferences


Reading- This week they are taking their unit 1 tests. I will send scores home next week once the tests are done. I also gave them their first book report project. They have an orange packet with their project choices. They are to choose only one. I told them the sooner they have their book read , the sooner they can get their project done because it is due shortly before the Iowa History project. Next week we will start unit 2. There will be a spelling test next week. 

Math- We started chapter 2 this week. They are working on adding and subtracting mentally . They are also estimating decimals to find the sums and differences. Rounding numbers is still difficult for some of the kids. I noticed mentally adding and subtracting is too. You can always work on that at home with the basic facts. Some of them still don't know things like 10+5= 15 without counting it in their head or using their fingers. They really need to know those basic facts in all areas. It saves so much time when they are doing their problems. 

Religion- We took a break to practice for the Rosary today. We will get back into this chapter and finish it. After that I take a break from the book. They  will be doing a lot of work based on the Rosary. Two of those things will be prayers they need to know. I will let you know when we are at that point. They did a GREAT job with the Rosary today! You can catch it online if you missed it! 

Spirit Day- This Friday is Spirit Day! Sweats for $1! The weather looks to be a perfect day for sweat pants! 

Coin Wars starts next week. The high school is raising money for the Veteran's Honor Flights. Students can start bringing in their spare change next week!  1st place class gets a pizza party, 2nd place gets a cookie or cupcake party, and 3rd place gets suckers!  This is a great cause! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan on going to my niece's soccer game! Loras vs Simpson! 

God Bless, 

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment