Wednesday, February 3, 2021

 Dear Parents, I hope you are enjoying the photos of CSW I am posting on Facebook. Friday will be our virtual parade with Father filming the kids. Look for that on Facebook. 


Book It- If your child made the goal for January, calendars are due by Friday! The February goal went up to 800 minutes. That is about 30 minutes a day since there are fewer days this month! 


Reading- This week they took Unit 3 test. This is a benchmark test and tends to be more difficult. Next we will begin our next unit. They will have a spelling test and test on Friday again. I will send home Unit 3 scores next week in the folders. 


Math- We started our chapter on decimals on Monday, but due to our CSW activities, our math class takes a hit almost every day so we probably get into it more next week! 

Religion- Since we are learning about the sacrament of confirmation , the kids picked out a saint and did some research on it. They are sharing their information with the class. They picked some saints I have never heard of so I am excited to learn more about them! 

Auction donations- Thank you so much to those who have helped! If you are still planning on donating, they are due on Friday! 

Thursday is Tie Dye day! IF they have tie dye sweats they can wear those too, hats, vests, headbands, etc. They have to be tie dye though. They also HAVE TO HAVE mittens and/or gloves for our snowman building tomorrow! They will most likely being doing the work. (Charlie will watch from the sidewalk).

Friday is CAMO day! I told them if they have any hunting clothing to wear that! 

Valentine's Day- We will celebrate this day next Friday, February 12. I have a parent donating drinks and a treat for the class. Thank you, Alisha!  IF your child would like to bring in Valentines to share with the class, they certainly may do that! If you need a class list, email me and I will get you one. I remember my mom always handing me the class picture as my "list". I had to write them out to 4-6th graders because we shared rooms and teachers. I thought it was the coolest thing. 😊 It is voluntary. They aren't required. 


I hope you have a great weekend! Stay warm. I am NOT excited about those temps they are giving us for this weekend and next week! 

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment