Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Hi Parents, As I am writing this blog the ground is shaking from the work outside. WOW! I am glad I don't live where there are earthquakes.  I hope you are having a good week. 


Testing- We should be done on Thursday. I will use Friday as a backup if we need to. I am pretty sure we will get scores back before the end of the year. The kids are doing well. They are taking their time and don't seem to be rushing. 

Math- We are doing some review work with our fractions this week. I don't feel comfortable moving on. I think they need some more practice with simplifying fractions and finding the common denominator. 

Religion- We are focusing on mercy, but our bigger focus will be the Spiritual Works of Mercy. On Wednesday they did their skits. Oh my goodness. They were funny. I was going to tape them, but we did them outside to get away from the construction sounds and it was so nice out! The problem there is it became harder to hear. They definitely showed forgiveness in all of them. The common theme was some kind of bullying, but they really were funny too. You have some great actors! 

Earth Day- Our school will clean up the school grounds on April 20. There is a flyer going home with more information. We will be needing rakes that day. 

There won't be any busses on April 20th. The public school has their professional development on that day. All of our STM kids will have to be dropped off and picked up by cars. 

April 27- No School for STM. We have our professional development that day in Des Moines. 

Mass- The 5th graders will be leading the rosary and doing mass on April 25. You are welcome to join us. I know the 6-8 graders are taking a field trip that day to the Conception Abbey. I believe Father Halbur is going with them. We will have a substitute priest that day. I don't know who that will be. We will start practicing that next week. I am confident they will do fine. All the kids will have a job either with the rosary or the mass. 

Book Reports- I know many of them are working on their projects or have already finished them. They are due on May 4. They will need a costume that day as well. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Next week will be back to normal with the classes. We have really enjoyed the construction. It hasn't been very loud and we love watching the progress each day! The back doors and my window are good lookouts! 

God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment