Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Thursday Parents! I hope you are having a great week!

Reading-- We have been running lines and practicing for the play with every spare minute! I think you will enjoy it! It is only about 10 minutes long once it starts!  The kids will celebrate afterwards in the room with the pink frosted cake! They will have a spelling posttest on Friday. There is no weekly test! They should bring their costumes to school on Friday morning. 

Book Reports-- These are due on Monday! They should have their project and costume with them when they come to school. I believe we will be able to get through all of them on Monday, but if not we will finish them up on Tuesday. 

Math- This week they are working on renaming fractions with common denominators and then adding and subtracting them. They will be getting to add and subtract mixed numbers as well. If everything goes as planned, they will finish this chapter and test over it before our year ends. 

Library Books-- All library books must be returned by May 19. The 5th graders will still need to have something to read during free time in the classroom. They can get a book off of my shelf or something from home. I don't mind if it is a magazine either. 

Middle School Day- I believe the 5th graders will be spending part of a Wednesday with the middle school kids to get a feel of what that will look like next year. I don't have an exact date yet, but I will let you know. 

Iowa Assessments-- The scores are back. We will be sending home their scores soon. 

I hope you have a great weekend!  I can't believe our year is ending soon. Where did it go??? 

God Bless, 
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment