Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello Parents, I hope you are having a great week! I hope all the moms had a great day on Sunday! I think my mom enjoyed our weekend together! I am posting the blog early because tomorrow I will be on a field trip!

Math- I was really pleased with the test scores! I plan on us starting our multiplication of fractions this Friday. I know we won't get far, but we will do some every day!

Reading- They are nearing the end of our book. I feel like I am rushing it a bit, but I want them to know how it turns out for Matt. Matt is really learning a lot about the Indian's way of life and what the white people have done to them. Attean has taught him how to make a fire without flint, make a snare, a bow and arrow. His father still has not come back from Quincy with his family. His dad told him it would be about 7 weeks and now it is more like 10 weeks. He is beginning to wonder if his dad ever made it back to his mom and sister. Matt also helped Attean kill a bear. Today I read a chapter to them about Matt discovering Attean's dog in a trap. He and Attean's sister rescued him.

Middle School Day- They shadowed the 6th graders today in middle school after mass. It was a lot of fun. In science they read an article and then did a lab. In math they learned about how they are working with equations and then played BINGO with them.  Some even won prizes! In language arts they watched them get into their Google Docs  and work on their research papers. They went to lunch and recess with them!

Field Trip-- We leave tomorrow around 8:15 and should be back between 4:15 and 4:30. If you need to let me know something before we get back...you can text me at 641-344-3299 or call Sarah. She will text me the info. They don't need a sack lunch! They can have their gadgets in the cars for the ride. There is a 100% chance of rain tomorrow and by the sound of it, it is supposed to be pretty much all day. I told them to take an umbrella if they have one! They should also wear a light jacket or sweatshirt with a hood! I think we will be wet by the end of the day! 

Have a great weekend! I am planning on going to Des Moines to watch my niece play soccer! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment