Thursday, April 16, 2015

Happy Thursday Parents! I hope you are having a good week!

We are almost finished with the Iowa Assessments! I think they will be done by the end of the day on Thursday!

Reading-- Just a reminder that they will be taking Unit 5 test next week. I postponed it a week due to IA Assessments. They also have the script for our play. On Friday they will try out! They will know their part before they leave on Friday. That will give them the weekend to start memorizing their lines. They are already asking me about what to wear so here are my suggestions for the roles:

Manuel-- Mass Day Attire
Pablo- Mass Day Attire, maybe add a hat of some kind to make you look like an older guy
Carlos and his sisters-- wear what you would wear to school! Look like a kid!
Women or Villager-- Be creative! You are the older people in town. I've had girls dress up like little old ladies and boys use canes! Carry a purse or cane! Wear a hat! Mass day clothes or raid your parents or grandparents closets!
Judge-- I will take care of! I have a robe to put over your clothes.

Props- We will need toy food, a small purse, and a gavel or toy hammer. 

Math- They worked on estimating fractions using benchmark numbers this week. They also used what I had taught them earlier about finding a common denominator to create an equivalent fraction before you can add or subtract them. They have no problem with this since we did it earlier! The hardest part is remembering to simplify!

Religion- We finally finished the epic The Ten Commandments movie! We are also starting Guidance. I did some on Wednesday, but this will be a Friday thing most weeks!

Lap-A-Thon- I sent home the Lap-A-Thon letter with the pledges' envelope. That will be due back on April 23. They run that day! They can bring their music to listen to as they run if they want! They might also want another pair of shoes. I know shoes get really muddy. 


Our prayers continue to be said for Deborah Pope and Kenneth Rhone. We hope they both get well soon!

I just want to say again....that I really love your kids! They made my day yesterday when they gave me the scrapbook! It will be treasured always. They are such a great group of individuals! Each is unique and special in their own way, I love that about them. I know we all look forward to summer, but that last day might be really tough for me! 

Have a great weekend! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment