Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hello Parents! Happy Thursday! It's hard to believe we are in the 3rd trimester already! Where has the year gone???

Reading-- This week they took the Unit 4 test. I will send home scores with your kids on Friday or next Monday. I am happy to say that the comprehension piece was GREAT! I think most kids either maintained their normal scores or they went up!  The lowest percentage was 71%!!! That is AWESOME! Next week they will start Unit 5. This means spelling test next week too.  Their book reports were awesome! I hope you took time to look at the pictures I posted! I will assign their final report in the weeks to come, but not for quite awhile. 

Math- We finished up chapter 5 this week. They will be taking the test on Friday. I will suggest they do the practice test in their small book. I will remind them to take that home tonight.  Next week we will start working with fractions! 

Religion- They took their test on Monday and we have started a chapter on Lent. 

Auction--Thank you so much for all the monetary donations for the auction items! They are very cool! Don't forget to get your tickets if you plan to attend! 

Bully Activity- This week the entire school has participated in activities dealing with bullying. On Monday, 3-5 gathered together and watched some movie clips that displayed bullying. We then discussed with them what they saw happening and they suggested ways to end the bullying.  On Wednesday, grades 3-8 got together in smaller groups. Each group was broken into 3 smaller groups. These groups were then given a bully situation and they had to create a skit based on that topic. On Friday, they will perform their skits  for grades K-2.

Puberty Video-- Thank you for returning those sheets so quickly! We have set the date for April 1, 2015. The school nurses will come in and present those videos to the boys and the girls.  Sorry kiddos-- this is NOT an April Fools joke! :)

I hope you have a great weekend! My mom will be attending the auction with me again! Hope to see you there! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment