Wednesday, September 18, 2013


I hope it has been a nice week for you! Thank you to all my drivers on Tuesday!!! We hope you had a fun time too! Thank you to my vegetable choppers as well!!! That was a big pot of stew on the fire!! I think they had a good time in Ellston. I think they appreciate the fact that they don't have to churn the butter, chop and carry the firewood in the house, empty the chamber pots, or gather buffalo chips for the fire! 

Bucket Fillers- On Wednesday we showed the student body a short video clip of what it means to be a "Bucket Filler". This goes with our bulling program. This is more about the positive words and actions we see our students doing on a daily basis. In grades 3-5, there are buckets in each room. We've asked the adults to be on the lookout for our kids doing things that go above and beyond being nice. When they spot someone doing something, they are going to write a note to that student and drop it in the appropriate bucket. On Fridays, I will share our 5th grade notes with the kids, and they will get to keep the note that was written to them. Our goal is to model for the kids what they need to be on the lookout for and then they will become the person writing the notes! We really want to focus on seeing the positive actions our students are taking towards one another to build up our STM community. 

Math- I have a student from Buena Vista coming in to our math classes to do observations. She is Shawna Parrish. You might see her at ISSB.  I have already had her help me work with small groups. She has to observe 10 hours, I believe.  In the end, she will have to teach a math lesson.

Book Orders- Any book orders are due on Friday.

Language Arts- I have put in your child's folder a copy of last week's scores. This is YOUR copy. You don't need to sign it and return it.

Enjoy the Balloon Days weekend! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment