Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello Parents, I hope you are having a great week!  We are finishing up our last story in this first unit in language arts. Next week I will be giving them a unit test.  I am still trying to figure out the test. It is very lengthy and I know they won't be doing all of it. The other part of our week I am going to talk to them about their first book report. I don't have a due date yet, but it will be near the end of the trimester. The other item we will be working on is creating Halloween stories. I usually read some of my favorites from my childhood to them first. The final product will need to be typed. If your computer isn't working, let me know. We can make arrangements to work on it before or after school when we are at that point.

Math- We are going to be finishing up our chapter on math next week. They will be taking a chapter test over everything. Right now, I have the test set for Monday, October 7. Mrs. Parrish, our college observer, is going to be teaching a lesson on Friday with the kids. She is just going along with where we are in our book. I believe she is teaching the subtraction of decimals. The key is remembering where to put the decimal. 

Homecoming- On Friday we are wearing our red and black to support the Creston Panthers!!! We are having a pep rally in the morning. The students are going to be dismissed 2 hours early. The Civics Club has made a float that any of the kids can ride on during the parade. Mr. Walsh sent out an email about the locations, but I believe they can get on the float after 1:30 on Prairie St.  You will need to pick them up after the parade at Holy Spirit Church. 

Social Studies-- Mrs. Sickels will be returning full time on Monday! I thank Mrs. Gammel for all her hard work with the kids in 3-5. She has really been a busy lady starting off a new year and having to learn a new reading series along with us! I am so glad she was here with us while Mrs. Sickels was away! 

21st Century Learning- There will not be school on Friday, Oct. 4. We will be attending this conference at the public school along with many other teachers around the area. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am off to Doon to see my mom!!! Good luck to the Panthers!!! God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment