Wednesday, November 8, 2023

 Hello Parents! I hope you enjoyed the extra days with your kids after conference week! I know I enjoyed the longer weekend. I was able to clean my house. Resetting my clock didn't seem to go well for me on Monday morning! I messed up my AM and PM! Amazingly, I still made it by 7:45! I now have 2 alarms set! πŸ˜€


 Calendar Dates:

Nov. 10- Veteran's Day and Pep Rally/Spirit Day

Nov. 15- Read-A-Thon kickoff/ PTO Meeting

Nov. 17- End of 1st Trimester

Nov. 21 - BizTown Field Trip

Nov. 22-27- No School/Thanksgiving Break

Nov. 28- School Resumes

Nov. 29- 5th grade mass


Reading- This week we read a story called Eruption! It is about a volcano eruption that happened in June 1991 of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines.  This is definitely a nonfiction story filled with harder vocabulary words that are definitely for this topic area! I showed them a quick video about this volcano too so they could really see some of the devastation afterwards. Our grammar this week is focusing on direct and indirect objects.  They will have a spelling test and weekly test on Friday morning. 


Math- Mrs. Sickels and I got our kids together and told them their jobs for BizTown Day! I think they are pretty excited. Then our CEOs and CFOs had to do some math to figure out how much they were asking for in their loans from the bank. The other kids were busy writing ads for the newspaper, radio, magazine, and video.  I am going to get them back in our math books on Thursday! We are working on multiplication. 

Religion- They did a chapter review on Tuesday and will be working on a study guide. They won't test until next week. This chapter gives a brief overview of all 7 sacraments. Our next chapter is covering the Beatitudes. 

Friday- The afternoon will be crazy, but packed with fun! First, it is a Spirit Day. They can wear sweats. We'd like to see them in some black and red as well to support the football team! If they would rather wear red, white, and blue for Veterans Day- that is okay too! 

Our Veterans Day program is shorter this year. It will be from 1-1:40 pm.We will be leaving right after for the high school to attend the Pep Rally.  We will be back for the bus, but don't be surprised if we are a little late due to the rally. Please be patient in the bus and car line. 

Just a reminder- your kids will need a sack lunch and drink on the field trip November 21. We are asking that they don't bring any pop/sodas for their drink that day. Water bottles, Gatorade, juice boxes are fine. They really won't have a lot of time with their lunch and drinks. They will not be carrying their water bottles with them to their jobs like they do in school. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Will I see you at the dome??? I am planning on watching the 10 am game with Van Meter that morning to watch my godson play. My brother Joe also films the games for the Panther Network. He will most likely be above one of the end zones. You might catch me hanging out with him! Safe travels for all those going to the game! Go PANTHERS! 🏈🏈🏈

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment