Wednesday, October 11, 2023

 Hello Parents! I hope you're having a good week!  


Calendar Dates:

Oct. 13- No School/ PD Day for Teachers

Oct. 20- Spirit Day

Oct. 25- Book Reports Due

Oct. 30-Nov. 2- Parent Teacher Conferences


Reading- This week we took a break since we only have 4 days. Last week we read a little bit of The Secret Garden. On Monday and Tuesday, we watched the movie. We watched the one from 1993. I rented it on Amazon Prime for really cheap! Some of them said they want to watch it again at home. I also read to them some of my favorite Halloween short stories that my 5th grade teacher used to read to me and my class. On Wednesday they started writing their Halloween story rough draft. They will get time on Thursday to continue writing it, but it will be due on Monday. Next week they will have a spelling test! Next week's story is poetry. This will be new for me and them! 


Math- They have a math test on Thursday over adding and subtracting decimals. 

Religion- Many have passed both prayers! I am testing those who still need to pass one or both tomorrow. We will do it again on Monday! They are also drawing and coloring pictures to represent the mysteries of the Rosary. Father Patrick leaves for Ghana next week to see his family. We wish him safe travels. 

Conferences- The office sent out the parent teacher conference link! Please make sure to check your calendar and pick a day and time! 

Book Reports- Projects will be due on October 25! That's two weeks from now! 

This week is a short letter! I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am heading to Sioux Falls, SD for a sisters weekend with two of mine. My sister Mary recently had back surgery so we are going to pamper her a little bit! 

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment