Wednesday, March 29, 2023

 Hello Parents! I hope everyone is having a good week! I think spring is coming on... I hope so anyway. 


Calendar Dates:

Apr. 2- Palm Sunday

Apr. 6- Seder Meal/ Cross Walk

Apr. 7- Good Friday/ No School

Apr. 9- Easter

Apr. 10- ISASP Testing Begins

Apr. 12- 5th grade mass with Kindergarten

Apr. 14- Spirit Day


1st Grade Buddies- This Thursday the 1st graders are coming down to our room to share their 8 page booklets. They read a story about amazing animals and then made a book about those animals. Mrs. Levine and I are going to partner them up so the 1st graders can read their book to a 5th grader!  I have no doubt the 5th graders will love this! 


Math- We are finished with our chapter! My plan is to test them on Friday or Monday! 


Thank you so much for the wipes!!! 

Cross Walk on April 6- Students need to wear a white shirt that day for the big picture we take at the church! You are welcome to join us for the walk! In your folder is a permission slip! Please fill out and return before Thursday! 

 Reading- This week they are reading a story called Birchbark House. It is about a little girl who is part of the Ojibwe tribe. While walking back to her village, she comes across two little bear cubs. She wants to take them back to her tribe to impress her sister.  In grammar they are working on present perfect and past perfect tense verbs. They are using the helping verbs has, have, or had in front of their verbs. 

Religion- We are wrapping our chapter soon on Lent. My plan for next week is showing them the movie The Ten Commandments. I usually show it before the Seder Meal since we are taking time to remember the meal that Moses had before leaving Egypt. 


Have a great weekend! I plan on going to the Seder Meal at church on Saturday night! I  am excited to see if it is somewhat the same as we do here at school. 

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment