Wednesday, November 30, 2022

 Hello Parents, I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving break! Did you get enough to eat?? I was in Waterloo at my brother's house. I got to spend some quality time with my nieces which was great! 

Calendar Dates:

Dec. 2- Spirit Day

Dec. 7- Christmas Concert

Dec. 8- Mass/ Noisy Change Collection

Dec. 9- Miss Surma's Surgery 

Dec. 16- Spirit Day

Dec. 21- Bishop at mass

Dec. 22- Christmas Caroling

Dec.23-Jan. 3- Christmas Break


Substitutes- Okay, they tried to get one person to be my sub for the two weeks I am gone,but that just didn't work out. So from Dec. 9-16 they will have Jennifer Redd. She has subbed here before.Tiffany Ossian will be here from Dec. 19-21. Lisa Sawtelle will be here on the 22nd. Of course, I know this could change. The 5th graders will have to adapt. 


Reading- This week we started my favorite unit! Every story is about someone who had to be involved in the Revolutionary War somehow. This week's story is fiction, but based on some truth. We heard about the adventure for John Adams and his son on their journey to France. John was sent there to see if he could get the French to help us during the war. By this point the war had been happening for 3 years. In grammar they are working with subject and object pronouns-- he,she, it, you, they, them, him, and her. Their spelling this week are words with a  VCCV pattern. That means there will be a vowel, followed by two consonants, and then another vowel. That might help them in practicing for their post test on Friday. 

Math-We are wrapping up our chapter this week. They will be testing early next week. It could be on Monday. Their next chapter will be more multiplication, but with decimals. This makes me happy because I thought it was division and I definitely want to be here for that chapter. 

Religion- We started our Advent chapter! They did a great job at mass today. We had to do some new stuff because Fr.Patrick was gone, but we made it through! The 5th graders also helped me by passing out our new song books to all the different classrooms! They also got their first time being the oldest partner with their Advent Angels! It sounds like their first time went pretty good! They had fun stories to share! 


Spirit Day is on Friday! $1 for sweats! 

No mass next Wednesday! It will be on Thursday because it is a holy day of obligation. 

Next Wednesday, we will be taking the kids to the high school to practice for the concert that night. Look for a permission form in their folder. 


Catholic Daughters Luncheon- The 5th graders always get invited to sing at Holy Spirit for the ladies! This year they are going on the 15th. Mrs. Warner, Mrs. Redd, and Mrs. Simmons will take them there. They will sing and then they get to eat with them! I told the kids they will love the meal because it's a great potluck of yummy food and desserts! I put a permission form in your child's folder for this as well! I'm bummed I will miss out! 


I hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan on doing lesson plans for when I am gone or at least getting a start on them. 

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment