Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Dear Parents, I hope everyone had a great holiday! I spent it in Waverly with my sister Penny. We went to her daughter's house for dinner! I got to play with my great nieces!  December is going to be packed with activities and I know it will fly! 

Important Dates: 

Dec. 3- Spirit Day

Dec.8- Noisy Change Collection at mass/ Christmas Concert 5:30 pm at high school

Dec. 15-Lunch/Singing at church

Dec. 19- Spirit Day

Dec. 21- Wear your Ugly Christmas Sweater

Dec. 22- 4th/5th Mass with Bishop Joensen, wear mass clothes and Red or Green if you have it! 

Dec. 23- Jan. 4. Christmas Break

Jan. 5- Classes Resume


Reading- This week they are taking their Unit 2 test. I will send home scores next week in their Take Home Folders. We will also start Unit 3- my favorite! We will be reading stories about people who were involved in some way with the Revolutionary War. The first story is about John Adams and his son. This is also the time I will be breaking out the music to Hamilton. The spelling tests will return next week! 


Math- We are finishing up our chapter on multiplication this week! They will test over it next week! 

Religion- The test is on Thursday. I will move into Advent next!  Please check your folders for the flyer about the Christmas party at church on December 19. The hope is to get more families and kids to return to church. It sounds like a great time for you and your kids! 


Reconciliation- Father Adam will be listening to confessions on Monday for kids in grades 3-8. 

Christmas Concert- The concert is Wednesday, December 8 at 5:30 at the high school.  The kids should wear mass attire. There is a permission form in your child's folder  for us to take them to the high school to practice. Please sign and return ASAP. 

By the way, next Wednesday is also the holy day the Immaculate Conception. Mass will be at church at 7pm. 


I hope everyone has a great weekend! I really wish these warmer temperatures would stick around, but I also like a white Christmas! 

God Bless,

Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment