Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Hello Parents, I hope everyone had a great long weekend! I enjoyed it! I went home on Friday to Doon to take care of the cemetery where my parents are buried. I also did a little shopping while I was there. It sounded like Halloween was a success for your kids!


Important Dates: 

Nov. 5- Spirit Day - Sweats for $1

Nov. 11- Veteran's Day Program 2 pm

Nov. 12-14 Big Fish Musical at the high school (Ryder is in it! ) 

Nov. 24-26 Thanksgiving Break/ No School

Nov. 29- No School/ PD Day


Reading- This week they are reading a nonfiction story about the Everglades. They learn about the different animals and plants that live there and what you can do to help that area stay alive and growing. In grammar this week they are learning about adding the conjunctions and, but , or or in a sentence to join two complete sentences. Their spelling list is homophones this week! That was a fun pretest to give! Wring and ring, lessen and lesson, aloud and allowed. I will mix them up on Friday so they have to listen to how they are being used in the sentence! 

Book Reports are due on Friday! Most are done already! There next one won't be for awhile! 


Math- This week they are multiplying with 10s, 100s, 1000s mentally. They did great with that one! They picked it up really quickly. On Wednesday, we went to rounding the numbers and then multiplying them. Again they caught on quickly and most of them know their basic facts! The trick is adding those zeros. Next week we will begin multiplication. I will show them two strategies and they can pick which ever way works best for them. We will start out with multiplying by one digit and then we move into double digits.  Both strategies are ones they learned in 4th grade...so it really should be review! 


Religion- They finished their posters for the Sorrowful Mysteries and so they will finish up with the Glorious Mysteries. I would think next week we should be back in the book. 

Social Studies projects- These are due on Friday. The kids can bring them in the building when they arrive. Mrs. Sickels will have an Iowa History Fair on Wednesday, Nov. 10 in the afternoon. I don't have the exact time. Look for a flyer from your child. You are welcome to come that day and look at all the different projects. 


Spirit Day on Friday- Wear sweats for $1!


I feel like this is the shortest letter! I just talked to you so I can't think of anything new!

Have a great weekend! 

God Bless, 

Miss Surma





No comments:

Post a Comment