Wednesday, September 23, 2020

 Hello Parents! Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a good week! 


Testing- We started our FAST testing on Tuesday. Today I had a substitute and did another portion of it today. I have to work with each kid individually. We still have one more round in reading to go and then onto the math portion.


Math- We are working on multiplication now. They started with single digits. My plan for Thursday is to multiply by double digits. We have also been working on corrections from a few other math assignments. 


Reading- They are reading a nonfiction story this week. It is about a group of girls from Islip, NY that are part of a jump rope team. They go to competitions to show their skills and stunts. The story works in a time order to show how rough they had it in the beginning and then how they practiced and ended up state champs! We also are working on nouns in grammar. The hard part seems to be remembering that proper nouns are upper cased and common nouns are not. They will have to figure out which sentence is written correctly on the test on Thursday. 

Next week will be the 5th story in this unit. That means the first full week in October will be a unit test. They won't have spelling that week. ( I can almost hear the cheers now as I type this! 😉 ) 

Religion- They did GREAT on their tests! They worked on the mailing labels I told you about a couple of weeks ago. They really came up with some great little messages to write on those!  In art they are working on their Christmas cards for them. Once they are done, I will take some pictures to show you. Then I will put them in the mail to Doon. I know my friend Tracy will be so appreciative. 


Homecoming- Next Friday is Creston's homecoming. It is a 3 hour early out! I don't know if our kids will receive lunch that day or not. I will let you know. They can wear their Creston gear that day! It is also a Spirit Day, so they can wear sweats or a hat for $1. 


Friday, September 25- No School for your kids! The teachers have PD at the high school that day! 

Ala Carte- Remember your kids can buy ala carte now at lunch for 50 cents. 



No comments:

Post a Comment