Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hello Parents,
I have posted on here and our Facebook page a link to sign up for conferences. Please let me know if you can't get it to work.


Reading- So we are off due to the snow. We had our test day on Tuesday. On Wednesday we started the last story in this unit. The story they will be reading is The Black Stallion. I felt pretty old when I said the title and they gave me these looks that said,"What????" I gave them their pretest today. I usually give them some kind of clue about the list. Their clue today was--words from other countries! I love this one! They always think I'm giving them words in other languages until they start to hear the list! We did have some fun words like: dungarees, siesta, tycoon!  So, their posttest will be on Tuesday of next week, I think. We are going to just take it day by day!

Religion- As part of our Lenten promise this year, I decided I would add prayer to our list. We were going to start last week, but that didn't work out. So, this week I took each religion class to the chapel and we prayed the rosary. These kids have it down pat! I love saying the rosary, but when I know they know it and they enjoy that quiet time in the chapel...there is nothing like it! We will go once a week throughout the Lenten season. They are also working on a Lent chapter in our book. They have been creating posters that I will be hanging in our hallway. Each poster will tell you a little about Lent or things we celebrate during this time.

Math- They did some division with the Base 10 blocks and on Tuesday they had to do some estimating with decimals. We had to remember how to find compatible numbers from our old division chapter. That just means finding numbers that go together easily and I know there won't be a remainder. Numbers like 7 and 49 or 5 and 25. We will start the standard algorithm this week too.

Scott Boyle- I think the kids really loved listening to him! He was on their level and kept them busy! I am going to church tonight to listen to him speak again. He had the adults a little teary-eyed at times! He just had some really touching and meaningful pictures and videos that he shared. I highly recommend everyone to come and listen!

Auction- Thank you so much!!!!! The gardening basket looks awesome! I hope many of you will be at the dinner and auction to see it! We couldn't do something like that without you! I really like our silent auction poster/picture as well! Thank you, Danielle and the other moms for putting it all together! 

I hope you have a great weekend! Maybe I will see you at the auction!
God Bless,
Miss Surma


No comments:

Post a Comment