Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hello Parents, 
Welcome back and Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great time over the Christmas break. I really enjoyed my time in Pennsylvania! We did go into Pittsburgh for a day, but most of the time was spent at home. It was very relaxing! 

Reading- I assigned them their next book report on Wednesday. They are reading Newbery Honor or Newbery Winner books. Mrs. Weight and I went through them in our school library. Everyone has chosen one. I told them they have until next Wednesday, Jan. 10 to change it if they need to. If you hear them tell you they are bored or don't understand it...let me know so we can change it now! Their project will be due on Thursday, February 15.  It gives them about 6 weeks. 

On Thursday, they will start their next writing project. Next Monday we will start our last story in this unit. That will mean the week of Jan. 15 will be a unit test week. 

Math- This week they are working on adding and subtracting decimals. 

Religion- We are talking about baptism. Today we read the story of John the Baptist when he baptizes Jesus. 

Spirit Day- This Friday they can wear sweats for $1!


Trivia Night  is set for January 20. We'd love to see you there! 

There is not much to this letter. I hope everyone is staying warm! 

God Bless, 
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment