Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hello Parents, I hope you are having a great week! I can't believe we are in March already! Where is our year going?? I know we will be busy up until Spring Break!!

Conferences- Last week I sent out an email with a link for you to sign up for conferences. Please make sure you do that!! If you can't get it, call Sarah. She should be able to help you out! If that Thursday doesn't work, let me know. We will make other arrangements. 

Reading - This week we read a story called Tuck's Travels. It was about a boy and two other children escaping from the Comancheros. These were kids that were traveling with wagon trains with their families, but were separated from them for different reasons. After one of the 5th graders checked out this unit's stories-- he asked me if they were all "old-timer" stories. :)  I would call them historical fiction, but I guess we can call them "old-timer" stories too. ha ha
 They are working with verbs again, but are focusing on the verbs be and have. We are using the different forms of those words: am is are was were has have had. 

Their Harris Burdick stories are slowly going up on the wall outside our room. I will have them up during conferences, so you can check them out!

Religion- They are working on a Lent chapter right now. We will be going to confession on Friday. I also plan on showing them the very old movie The Ten Commandments.  As a school we celebrate the Seder Meal which is what Moses and the Israelites did before leaving. We will also do the Stations of the Cross before they leave for break. 

Math- We have finished up our math part of Biztown this week. The next part is more about getting that job in Biztown. We will be getting back into our math book next week. The next chapter is dividing decimals. I told the kids that on Tuesday. They weren't too happy. :)

Stations of the Cross Walk- Next Friday we will be walking the entire school to the church and back for the Stations of the Cross. We will walk rain or shine so the kids should dress accordingly. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I hope to see you at the auction on Saturday night. I will be there with my mom. 
God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment