Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Dear Parents! Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a great week!

On Wednesday I emailed you a link for our fall parent teacher conferences! That is where you will sign up! It should be pretty simple! I just checked my emails! I have 3 already signed up! Yay!!!

I know our school website is down. I hope you have subscribed to getting my blog because then it will be sent to your email automatically. I will try to send the link to this as well through my emails. 

Reading- This week they are reading a short excerpt from Old Yeller. We have spent time talking about the dialect in that story and that it is different from an accent. They are also working on discussing character traits to figure out what each character is like. We are discussing adages and proverbs too. This can be difficult with some context. We worked on ones like A penny saved is a penny earned. or Laughter is the best medicine. 

Halloween Stories- I am editing those and have been handing them back as quickly as I can. I have given them each a due date and the requirements for typing.

Math-- We are just beginning our new chapter on division. I will talk to you about their test scores at conferences, but if you have any questions, please call me or email.

Religion- They are really working on their decades of the rosary! We will probably be back in the book next week!

Back to the Future Day- I hope they enjoyed the day as much as I did! They went to the 21st Century room in the library and were able to play with the robots and the goggles that took them on a 3D ride! We were the first group, so some of the stuff wasn't working for us. The person from the AEA couldn't be here due to a family emergency. We did the best we could, but we will get another chance next week! They will need their phones or ipods again for that. Father Halbur did a great job of relating the movie to today's gospel! In my room they made posters comparing trends and current events and prices from the 50s, 80s, and today! That took pretty much the rest of our day! I loved reliving the 80s. 

Halloween Activities-- Next Friday we will have activities for Halloween in the afternoon. They should also come to school with their costume in their bag or in another bag. We will do the Halloween parade again that afternoon at 2:30 in the gym. You are welcome to attend! If you want to take your child home after the parade, that is okay, but just see me before you do so I know they are leaving.

Spirit Day is this Friday! $1 to wear sweats!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy these great fall temps! 
God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment