Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happy Thursday Parents! I hope you are having a great week! 

Religion- Just a reminder that the 5th graders first mass is next week!! You are more than welcome to come and attend mass. We'd love to see you there! They have their parts. Any reading parts should be practiced at home. We will practice next week in class as well. Mrs. Mullin is working with three of the girls. They are going to sing the response as well as lead the songs.  In religion class we are working on understanding the Beatitudes right now. We have been discussing ways people live them out each day, and generate ways that they can do the same. 

Math- This week we've worked on multiplying by one and two digit numbers. I have been really impressed with the class as a whole with this concept. The next few lessons in this chapter will be different than anything I am used to teaching, so I think we will all be learning something new. 

Language Arts- This week we read a story about a teacher who organized a double Dutch team at his school. Some of the girls are now practicing and trying to teach themselves this at recess. I think that is awesome! We are also working on skills like sequencing events in the story. They did more work on common and proper nouns as well as compound sentences.

Book Reports- The kids are asking me about when I will assign them their first one. I have decided to wait until October. I want us to get a full month under our belts before adding that assignment.

Have a great weekend! Mom and I are headed for Waterloo/Cedar Falls to see my sister and brother. God Bless, Miss Surma 



No comments:

Post a Comment