Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope this has been a good week for you.

Friday, December 20, 2013- Just a reminder it will be the last day for sweat pants, music, gum, etc.,
Students will need a sack lunch on this day, milk will be provided by the school. They will be eating with their Advent Angels and then we will do caroling in the gym.  In the afternoon we are watching a movie with 3-5. I have had a parent donate water bottles for everyone in our grade band that afternoon. Thank you!!! I also have a student with a birthday--so her treat will be our treat during the movie!

Language Arts- This week we read two short biographies about two teenagers and their experiences with the Revolutionary War. I found it pretty interesting.In grammar this week they are working on putting transitions into their writing. The transition will connect two ideas in the same sentence.  When we get back from Christmas we will be doing our next unit test.

Math- We worked on dividing money this week. I worked with two students at a time giving them play money to divide up. They had to work on exchanging the larger bills for something smaller so that everyone would get their share.

Religion- This week they wrote letters to the Des Moines Diocese seminarians. Our school is taking turns writing them while they are in school. The 5th graders made me aware that they knew a couple from CYC. They were excited to see "Batman" as one of them. I also recognized that Mrs. Priest's brother-in-law is one of the seminarians. I told them not to expect a letter in return, but you never know!

I am going to try and add some pictures and a video clip of the kids this morning in their TJ and Nate colors. They looked so sweet! They were sharing stories again today! Those make me smile!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Safe travels to everyone! I am heading home to Doon and will spend the week with my mom and see my siblings. Merry Christmas!!!
God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment