Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hello Parents,
I hope you had a great long weekend! I had a nice time at home! I was glad the hot weather left for a short while! We even had a thunderstorm!

Field Trip- If you haven't filled out the permission form I sent home last week in your child's folder, please do so. I think we are set on drivers. I am waiting to hear back on what vegetables we need to supply for the stew.

Language Arts- In your child's folder you will see a score sheet of last week's assessment. I also attached a letter explaining some things. Please take some time to look it over. We are going to still have a posttest on Friday for spelling. This week we worked on decoding open and closed syllable words. I have the kids take notes on the decoding. They can use their notes to help prepare themselves for Friday's assessment. We also worked on the long and short vowels in our spelling words. Their story this week was a play. There weren't enough roles so they had to take turns. I can see where some will need practice reading with inflection in their voices.

Math- This week we are really working on the decimals to the thousandths place. The trick is remembering the (ths) to add to the end of the place value.

Mass- On Monday, we will have mass with Father Walsh. Father Halbur will be on vacation. It is also the RVTV day for the Cy-Hawk game. The students and staff can wear clothing to support ISU, IOWA, or Creston Panthers with denim jeans, capris, or shorts. If you don't have anything like that they are to wear mass day attire. We will not have mass then on Wednesday. Our 5th grade prayer service will be the following week on the 18th.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Don't forget the Holy Spirit International Food Fair is here on Sunday afternoon and evening!

God Bless, Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment