Thursday, May 16, 2013

Language Arts- Next week Monday we will be reviewing for our last unit test! Can you hear your kiddos cheering???We will test on Tuesday.  Later that week we will review for an end of the year test. We will possibly begin testing as well. I will see how things go. There won't be any spelling next week!
Book Reports-- They did a super job on those! I still have them and the grading process has been slow due to schedules, etc. I will return them as soon as I possibly can! Again, they did a great job on them! I love those reports because I always learn something new!
Math- We are working like crazy on those fractions! They did much better on the subtraction than I would have guessed! We are working on multiplication now of fractions and mixed numbers. We will most likely get to divide them too!!! I don't know if I will fit in another test over this chapter, but I hope to before the year is done! They will take an end of the year math test too. This is basically the same test they took on the first day of school. It lets me know how much they have learned. 
Religion- They will go over their study guide on Friday with me in class. They will take their chapter test on Monday. We had a lot of great discussions on the Ten Commandments. I was impressed!
Middle School- I believe they had a great day with the 7th graders! They were given a small taste of what moving around that building is like and how the teachers run their class periods. I know I enjoyed watching them. They had a lot of good questions for them. I think their biggest disappointment was recess was shorter by 5 minutes and no more swinging. :) If that is the worst thing....it will be a great time! 
Iowa Assessments- I have the scores on their tests for you. Please stop in some time to pick up your child's scores if you want to see them.
Field Trip- We had a great time at DMACC, and our weather wasn't that bad! Yahoo! Thank you Sally and Amy for driving us there! 
Mass-Next week Wednesday will be the last mass of the year. We will not have mass on the last day of school. The 1st graders and 5th graders did a great job at mass on Wednesday! I was very proud of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment