Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Elk's Track Meet- The kids who signed up were sent home with an information sheet on Tuesday. They are to choose their days and let Mrs. Weihs know by contacting her on her cell phone. 
Substitute-  I will be gone on May 13. Mr. Bartling will be my sub! I am spending an extra day with Mom for Mother' Day weekend! 
Language Arts- We have one more story to read next week! That means only one more week of spelling! This means our final week of school will be spent on the last unit test as well as the End of Year test.
Math-We worked on adding and subtracting mixed numbers! Whew! The addition was pretty easy, but they have a hard time remembering to change improper fractions into mixed numbers or to simplify answers when needed. The subtracting is a little more difficult due to having to borrow from the whole number and then turn that into a fraction. For example: 1=2/2 or 1=12/12 or 1=8/8. I have looked ahead in the chapter. I am hoping I can finish it before our time is up! If so, they will also get to multiply and divide! 
Book Reports- They will present on Friday!! Don't forget the project and costume at home! 
Religion- We are finishing up our chapter on the Ten Commandments. I believe they will be testing sometime next week.
Wednesday, May 15- is our mass with first grade! Your kids will have their parts on Friday. Please practice the readings with them. They will also spend the rest of that day with the middle school kids!! It will be a mini-field trip for them! They will get a taste of middle school life!  
Mother's Day- I hope every mother has a terrific day on Sunday!! You deserve it! I know you may not hear it enough, but your kids love you and treasure you! I can tell from their conversations! I am heading to Doon to spend the weekend with my mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment