Wednesday, April 24, 2013


Clean-Up Day- We are planning once again to clean up the school grounds on Friday, April 26. If you have a rake that would be great! Make sure to put your name on it. You can leave it by the office. If your kids have work gloves, they should bring those to school as well.
5th Grade Field Trip- We will be attending the Iowa Children’s Water Festival at DMACC in Ankeny on May 9, 2013. I am looking for drivers. Please check your schedules for that day. We will be gone from 8-4. Let me know as soon as possible.
Math- We have moved into adding and subtracting fractions with like and unlike denominators.  What they learned in the last chapter will be key in helping them with unlike denominators in this chapter.
Blog- This week I am starting my blog. Actually each teacher is beginning to write their own. If you continue to go to the school website and my page, it will take you to it. After this week, that is where you will find any 5th grade information. My “newsletter” will be posted there. You can leave me comments too. From my page you will be able to get to Mrs. Burg’s and Mrs. Sickel’s. You will be notified by email anytime I have posted something on my blog.  Remember…it is a work in progress! J
Middle School Information Night- April 30th is from 6-7 pm. I hope all of you are considering attending. I think it will give you ideas on how things might be the same or different for your kids as they join the “big” building next year!
I hope you have a great weekend! The weather actually sounds like spring!!!
God Bless,
Miss Surma

No comments:

Post a Comment