I think I need to pray harder for the rain to end!
Calendar Dates:
Oct. 2- Noon Dismissal/ Homecoming/ Spirit Day
Oct. 5- No School/Professional Development
Oct. 16- Spirit Day
Oct. 26-30 - Parent Teacher Conference Week
St.Malachy Cafeteria National School Week- There are some dress up days that kids can participate in if they want to, but it isn't required.
Oct. 12- Wear mismatched clothes
Oct. 15- Bring your favorite stuffed animal ( remember they may need to take this on the bus- so make it easy to carry)
Oct. 16- Wear a Fancy Hat Day- (can be a cap, crown, top hat, crazy hat,etc.)
Reading- They are going to take their spelling post test on Friday. Next Tuesday will be their weekly test. We will also start their Module Test next week. I break that one up over a couple of days. This is more like a unit test for them.
Book Report- Next week I will be assigning their first book report. I give them a packet with different options to choose from to create their final project. They pick one to do. They will have to okay their book with me. I don't allow any graphic novels or audio books. I will give them more directions and specifics next week when I assign it. It won't be due until November. That packet will be in their homework folder if you want to check it out next week.
Math- They took their tests on Tuesday. Some of them are going to be correcting their tests with me today and then they will bring them home to get signed by you. Our next chapter covers adding and subtracting decimals. I don't cover every lesson in this chapter. Because it is adding and subtracting, I don't feel we need to do every lesson and test on it. I just need to make sure they remember how to add and subtract and bring that decimal down.
Religion- They did an awesome job with the Rosary on Wednesday!! I was super proud of them! In October we really focus on the Rosary. They will do a couple of different things. First, they have 2 prayers to memorize. They have papers with them on it. I am going to "quiz" them starting on Tuesday, Oct. 6. They really should just pick one and pass that one before trying to memorize the other one. I don't care which one they do first. This is definitely something they could do with you at home or in the car on trips.
The other part we focus on are the Mysteries of the Rosary. They will be taking time in religion class to draw/color pictures that depict each mystery. That is something they will do only at school. Our hallway will be lined with the posters! You will be able to check them out! We will also be going to the chapel once a week to pray the Rosary together as a class.
Book It- This starts today! I have given each child a calendar to keep track of the minutes read each day. The goal for October is to read 600 minutes. That means they would have to read about 20 minutes each day. If we do any silent reading in the classroom, they can count that time! If they reach the goal at the end of the month- their prize will be a free Dilly Bar. I know it closes in the winter but they can save them until spring!
Homecoming Friday- It is a Spirit Day! They can also wear their Black and Red to support the Panthers! We get out at noon on Friday! Please let me know if their pick up routine changes. We are feeding them lunch before we leave!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am heading to Waverly on Saturday to babysit 3 of my great nieces! I think I might be tired when I come home on Sunday!
God Bless,
Miss Surma
No comments:
Post a Comment