I see the sun!!!
Calendar Dates:
Sept. 24- Picture Day
Sept. 25- Spirit Day
Sept. 30- Rosary led by 5th Grade/ No Mass
Oct. 2- Noon Dismissal/ Homecoming/ Spirit Day
Oct. 5- No School/Professional Development
Reading- They took their Weekly Module test on Tuesday. This is definitely a harder story, but some of the questions could definitely have been looked up and I don't think some of them bothered to look back. The same goes for the grammar. They had a cheat sheet on the 4 kinds of sentences, but I am not sure they looked back to remind themselves of what an imperative sentence is and how you punctuate it. Their score sheets will be in their take home folders today.
Our last story in this unit is called Captain Arsenio. This is more like a cartoon. We see his trials and triumphs as he tries to fly. This story just makes me giggle.
I gave them their pretest in spelling on Tuesday. This list has long I and long O sounds in their words.
Math- We worked on rounding decimals on Monday and Tuesday this week. Today they are starting their chapter review/ dress rehearsal test. We do this in class. They can always use their book on it if they need to. Once I check it and we go over it, it will be a great "study guide" for the test. That will happen sometime next week most likely. It just depends on how long it takes them to do the chapter review.
Religion- They did a great job at mass on Wednesday! Next up is leading the Rosary. Most of them have a speaking part. Sorry- just not enough for everyone to do a job. They have been given their part. They should practice this at home with you! Some of the words are hard to pronounce.
Spirit Day on Friday!!! Wear sweats and/or a hat for $1!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I also hope we don't get the rain!
God Bless,
Miss Surma
No comments:
Post a Comment